Here's a new way to beat the heat of summer - oolong tea jelly.
This traditional Taiwan food is easy to make and offers a refreshing, cool snack during those long summer days. We recommend making it with our Four Season oolong tea, although any oolong tea can be used.
Oolong tea jelly makes an excellent desert, or can be served as a snack anytime of the day or night.
- 10g Oolong tea leaves
- water 600g (2.5 cups)
- 20g gelatin (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 100g granulated sugar (half cup) - adjust to taste
- soak tea leaves in hot water until they open
- combine gelatin and sugar
- add tea to jelly and sugar mixture and boil till the sugar dissolves
- pour the mixture into molds, let it cool, then refrigerate until set
If desired, a whole tea leaf can be placed in the bottom of each mold. Experiment with the sugar - this jelly is also nice unsweetened!